It might seem counter-intuitive, but during the holidays, parents can quickly become overwhelmed by their amusing, fun, overly excited children. With free time and heads full of exciting (and often catastrophic) ideas, the ‘holiday high’ can make children extra difficult to entertain. With the holiday period being the only time some parents get time off from work, we have to find a balance between rest and relaxation, and keeping our kids happy and entertained. We have found some simple, fun activity ideas, which will keep both parents and children happy and sane over the Holiday break!
- Our first pick is a cheap-do it yourself Rainbow Shaving-Cream bath, which provides an easy to clean up creative activity for your kids, as well as some much needed down time for you. Just draw a bath, add shaving foam, some food colouring, and toys, and let the kids go nuts! This is a fun one because most of us have these items at home already, kids can get clean while they play, and clean up is simple. It is an easy win-win.
- Make holiday time amusing, fun, and intense, all while staying at home, with this Indoor Snowball Fight! This one will keep them going for hours, and the extra bonus is that you can let your kids play with “snow” without going through the painstaking process of dressing them in layers and cleaning up the mess afterward!
- After the chaos that holidays with toddlers always seems to bring, some peace and calm can be just what is needed. Please que the Headscape meditation app. This app is skilfully designed to appeal to children by offering short, kid-friendly meditations. It appeals to adults as well with numerous meditation and relaxation options. Even just 5 minutes a day makes a big difference.
- We all know that Holidays are supposed to be about more than just having fun. Parents can take advantage of the holiday spirit as well as this extra time with their children to talk to them about those less fortunate. It is a great opportunity to gather kids around and teach them about empathy and being grateful for what they have.
- One thing that is pretty much always a hit with young kids is coloring! What can make coloring even MORE fun? Well, Liquid Chalk Markers & Metallic Colors of course! They are vibrant, easy to use, safe for toddlers, and can be used on many different surfaces. Even better is that they can be erased off most surfaces quite easily.
- If you’re a parent of a toddler, you know how useful a basic White Paper Roll can be! Your kids can draw, paint, and trace to their hearts content. Plus, it means no more messed up walls, tables, or sofas!
- In the end, when all else fails and we run out of fun activities and ideas, don’t be afraid to delegate some of those parenting duties. As parents, we probably don’t talk about this enough, but delegating responsibility to your partner, neighbour, older siblings, or babysitters, can bring a myriad of benefits for both you and your child! A well-rested, emotionally healthy parent is exactly the parent that your little one needs.
Leave a Reply